Closed for entries, Open for comments!
Obernet is running a competition to gather at least twelve pieces of artwork (maybe more, if we get a cover as well) for an Obernewtyn.net 2009 CALENDAR, which will be made available to all members to purchase at the end of 2008 at our store (at around $15 each, exchange rates permitting). Of course, we will make no money out of this whatsoever - the cost is simply to cover printing costs; but any profits we do manage to raise will go towards site fees.
Competition is open from now, until the 30th November 2008
. Submission Guidelines:
- Images need to be of your own creation and in no way, shape or form use copywrited images. If you use any copywrited images (from book covers to stock photos), your submission won't be included.
- Final images need to be 11.5" x 9", and between 100 and 300 dpi resolution, in the .png format. It is recommended you use this template to ensure your design is the right size.
- For viewing purposes, please be considerate and uploading a preview of your final image at 600 pixels max width, to post here.
- You must be OKAY with the possibility that Obernet will use and publish your image in the calendar.
If you're unsure how to start a design, pick a month and see if it has any relevancy around Obernet. For example, every March, we have an annual Mystics Ball - perhaps theme your design around that? September 2009 will be Obernet's 10-year anniversary - perhaps design a calendar image based on the celebration of this achievement. Moonfair, an Obernet favourite, runs every year, September and October. The list goes on!
This calendar is intended to be an Obernet
themed calendar, but isn't limited - include anything relevant to Obernet, the Chronicles, or any of Isobelle's books in your design (just remember the no-copywriting rule!). It may be a depiction of the moment Elspeth first meets Dragon; or a scene from the Sustinare Ridiculum play, the Golden Underdaks. Anything goes.What you get for submitting artwork:
The Big Gain: Your design gets printed and posted all around the world! Each image we receive will have a watermark added to the image somewhere, saying who's done it, which guild they're from, and which state/country they're from.
The Small Gain: a small amount of guild points for your first three entries. Since the focus of this competition is quality over quantity, we encourage members who are only serious about having their designs published to enter. We will award 3 guild points each for your first three entries into the competition (maximum of 9 points). Finally, HOW to submit your designs:
If you've made it this far - and are still keen on entering - here's how!
How the winning designs will be chosen:
- Design your calendar image adhering to the submission guidelines.
- Upload to your final image and your preview image to your image host of choice.
- Post your preview image here (using the [ img ] tags) and then a link to your full-sized version.
On the 1st December, after the artwork section of the competition has closed, some polls will be posted on the message boards. They'll be open for 2 weeks and during that time, any Obernet member can vote for whichever designs they'd like to see for each month.
This way, everyone on Obernet can enter, and anyone can win.